- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
ROASTED RED PEPPER SPREAD
6 large red bell peppers
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and oil reserved separately
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
~ Roast peppers in a 375 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until just starting to char
~ Immediately transfer peppers to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap tightly
~ Let sit, covered, until cooled. Once peppers are cooled, skins should easily rip off.
~ Remove skin, seeds and stem and discard
~ Coarsely chop peppers
~ In a food processor, combine drained tomatoes, pepper flakes, garlic and cooled almonds
~ Process until smooth
~ Measure tomato oil to get 1/4 cup…add extra virgin olive oil if needed
~ Add oil to processor with the roasted peppers, vinegar, orange juice and salt
~ Process till smooth
• Spread can be made 5 days in advance
• Good on artisan crackers, crostini or rustic flatbreads
• Serve along side of Manchego, goat or feta cheese and Spanish olives
• Serve as topper to grilled chicken or veggies
• Toss with pasta
• Serve as a sandwich spread or make roasted veggie panini
Sign-up using the form or call us at (814) 624-0606 to take advantage of this exclusive offer.
Before Chiropractic I was suffering from chronic back pain, foot pain, and sciatica. Dr. Kris's adjustments have me feeling great with all over pain relief and a healthier body.
Michelle Buttry -
New Paris, PA